Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) of the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides the My NCBI tool. My NCBI allows you to save records and searches, and customize your results display with filters and other options.
How Do I Open an Account and Sign in to MyNCBI?
- Click Log In to MyNCBI
- Sign in with Google, NIH Login or eRA Commons logins, click See more 3rd party sign in options or click Register for a NCBI Account
- Follow the instructions to create a case sensitive permanent user name and a password (the password may be updated)
- Provide an email address (which can be changed or removed later)
- Select a security question and answer for when a password is forgotten
- Type in the appropriate security letters
- Click the Create account button
Once registered, the user name (here: member) appears in the upper right.
After registration and when an email address is updated, NCBI sends a confirmation email message to that address. Upon receipt, click the link in the email. Once an address is confirmed, automatic email updates of searches will be received and the username may be retrieved.